- Full time (37.5 hours/week) – negotiable.
- Fixed-term to March 2023 – with potential for extension for a further 3-5 years.
- Salary: Competitive
- Based at home, in Aviemore in the Cairngorms National Park (NatureScot office) or Knockando in the heart of Speyside (Spey Fishery Board Office).
- Do you want to play a pivotal role in ambitious landscape-scale projects that aim to address the climate and biodiversity emergencies?
- Are you keen to join a pioneering and award-winning organisation?
- Are you willing to work as part of our team and with others to promote the wide-ranging work of the Spey Fishery Board and the Spey Catchment Initiative?
If you can answer “yes” to the above questions, we would like to hear from you!
The Spey Fishery Board has an exciting opportunity for a highly motivated Nature Restoration Officer to expand the work of the very successful Spey Catchment Initiative (SCI). This will involve scoping one or more significant, landscape-scale project(s) within the Spey catchment and preparing a funding bid(s) for submission in late 2022/early 2023. The project will aim to help make the Spey catchment sustainable and resilient to the climate and biodiversity crises confronting us all.
Depending on success in securing funding, there is a strong likelihood that the post will be extended for 3-5 years to further scope and successfully implement the project(s), ensuring that the aims are delivered within an agreed timeframe, to the required standard and within budget. Developing effective liaison, communication and partnerships with land managers, agencies and private sector advisors will be central to the role.
Duties may extend to cover other aspects of the on-going catchment restoration work of the SCI.
This Spey Fishery Board (SFB) post is funded by the Cairngorms National Park Authority. The SFB is committed to equal opportunities and welcome applicants from all sectors of society.
A detailed job description can be found here and linked again below. Applications, including Curriculum Vitae and covering letter, should be submitted to the Director, Roger Knight, at firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 26th April 2022.
Interviews will be held on Monday 9th May and it is anticipated that the successful candidate might be available to start as soon as possible thereafter.
Please find out more about this role by viewing the Job Description below:
If you have any questions please don’t hesitate to contact Roger Knight at email@example.com