The job specification is below and applications are invited by close of business on 22nd January 2021. Applications by email to email@example.com.
Spey Fishery Board Digital Marketing & Communications Executive
The Spey Fishery Board is looking for a Digital Marketing & Communications Executive to be responsible for planning, developing, implementing and managing the Board’s overall digital marketing strategy. Linking the Board’s work with that of businesses throughout the area will also be vital in order to promote the Speyside brand.
The ideal candidate will be a natural communicator and have a passion for all things marketing and technology, together with a keen interest in angling and environmental conservation. You will be well-versed in the concepts surrounding digital marketing and how the Internet can become a strong asset to growing revenue for the local economy.
Digital Marketing & Communications Executive duties and Responsibilities
- Develop, implement and manage the Board’s overall digital marketing strategy to build a lasting digital connection with anglers and members of the public.
- Overhaul of the Spey Fishery Board’s website, with regular and ongoing maintenance and revision thereafter.
- Planning and monitoring the Board’s ongoing presence on social media (Twitter, Facebook, Instagram etc.).
- Prepare and launch online newsletters, promotional emails and creative video content, which are optimised and distributed through various channels to showcase, raise awareness and increase understanding of the Board’s work.
- Publication of the Weekly Report on catches throughout the fishing season.
- Engaging with local businesses to link the Board’s work with the Speyside local economy.
- Measure the performance of digital marketing efforts in order to manage and improve the Board’s online content, considering Search Engine Optimisation and using a variety of Web analytics tools (Google Analytics, WebTrends etc.)
- Provide creative ideas for content marketing and update website.
- Stay up-to-date with the latest technology and best practices.
- Measure Returns On Investment and Key Performance Indicators.
- Prepare and manage a digital marketing budget.
- Organise and promote angling events such as launches, networking events, webinars and webcasts.
- Monitor competition and provide suggestions for improvement.
- Train other members of staff in the skills required to assist with digital marketing.
- Professional communication:A natural communicator with excellent people and public speaking skills and the confidence to brainstorm with multiple teams and Speyside contacts.
- Marketing:Proven experience and knowledge of the key concepts of digital marketing and the main channels and techniques including SEO, social media, affiliate marketing and email marketing.
- Copywriting/Content creation and editing:Write and edit creative content across various digital platforms and blog posts using video, audio and image on software applications such as the Microsoft Office Suite and Adobe Suite.
- Analytical mind-set and critical thinking:Experience in using major analytics programmes – specifically Google Analytics, NetInsight, WebTrends etc.
- Project management:Experience in working with time-sensitive projects and tight deadlines.
Qualifications and Experience
The successful applicant will be a natural communicator, both in person and digitally, with excellent people skills. A keen interest in angling and environmental conservation would be equally advantageous.
It would also be desirable for applicants to have an undergraduate degree in marketing or a professional marketing qualification; however, a humanities, business or media degree would be equally acceptable. Experience of between one and three years in digital communications and marketing is also preferred.
The successful candidate will report to the Director of the Spey Fishery Board and is likely to work both at the Board’s offices near Aberlour and remotely from home.
The Digital Marketing & Communications Executive will be recruited on a contractual basis, initially for a period of eighteen months. It is anticipated that the position will become self-funding during this period, after which it will be reviewed. A starting salary of £30,000 p.a. is envisaged to attract the right calibre of applicant, together with a suitable laptop computer and mobile phone.